Lead Marketing / QSE Specialist
Company: South Texas Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
STEC currently have an open position for Lead Marketing/QSE
Specialist at its Nursery, Texas location. The Lead Marketing/QSE
Specialist directs and conducts the short-term scheduling, buying,
and selling of generation and natural gas under the guidance of the
Assistant Manager of Wholesale Marketing/QSE.
Qualified candidates will have:
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Management, Accounting,
Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related field
- At least 5 years' experience in wholesale power markets or QSE
- At least 2 years' experience in ERCOT trading or settlements
- Acceptable MVR
Working Conditions:General office and sedentary. May frequently be
required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to
stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and distance vision. Use of personal computing equipment,
telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Manual
dexterity, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, ability to reach, bend,
and use 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes.
Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other
business-related events. May be required to work after hours to
include weekends and holidays.
- Negotiates short-term energy, ancillary services, and natural
gas purchases/sales consistent with next-day needs or at the
direction of the Manager or Assistant Manager of Wholesale
- Maintains accurate record of all purchases and sales for
- Develops day-ahead strategies, consistent with the direction
provided, for participation in the ERCOT market.
- Submits timely resource schedules, offers, and bids into the
ERCOT Day Ahead Market in accordance with the STEC-developed
strategies and the ERCOT Protocols.
- Evaluates natural gas prices and analyzes aspects of hedging
while developing, analyzing, and checking near-term load
- Monitors and evaluates ERCOT load trends and issues 4CP load
management instructions during the summer months.
- Develops, directs, and coordinates resource and trading
schedules for Marketing & QSE Specialists in a timely manner.
- Participates in ERCOT meetings and working groups as a
representative of South Texas Electric Cooperative.
- Studies, evaluates, and understands ERCOT Protocols and NERC
- Assists with settlements regarding natural gas and energy
- Assists with maintaining compliance with NERC Standards, ERCOT
Protocols and PUCT Substantive Rules
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as
The above description covers the principal duties and
responsibilities of the job. -The description shall not, however,
be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous,
incidental, or similar duties which may be required from
day-to-day. - -
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V -Interested
applicants who meet the minimum requirements, please send resume to
Keywords: South Texas Electric Cooperative, Inc., Victoria , Lead Marketing / QSE Specialist, Advertising , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!