Posted on: January 11, 2019
Job DescriptionDirect and manage overall campus operations at a Prekindergarten/Head Start campus in Victoria Texas. Supervise all teachers, teaching assistants, food preps, floaters and subs for a campus with eleven classrooms. Campus services approximately two hundred and twenty, three and four year old students and their families. Responsible for leadership of the campus instructional program ensuring high standards of instruction and student achievement, compliance with federal, state and district policies, application of instructional programs, and effective operation of all campus activities. Maintain compliance with all Head Start Performance Standards and BCFS Education Services agency policies and procedures.Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in educational administration
- Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
- Participant in state qualified principal preparation program
- Certified Texas Teacher Evaluation Support System (TTESS) appraiserSpecial Knowledge/Skills:
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Excellent organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skillsExperience:
- Two or more years’ experience as a certified classroom teacher
- Two or more years’ experience in instructional leadership rolesMajor Responsibilities and Duties: Instructional Management
- Monitor instructional processes to ensure that program activities are related to outcomes and use findings to take corrective actions where necessary.
- Provide instructional resources and materials needed to accomplish instructional goals and maintain compliance with all Head Start Performance Standards.
- Establish clear expectations for staff performance with regard to instructional strategies, classroom management, and communication with the public.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff members. Encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
- Solicit regular input from campus-level committee about planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of campus education program. Include students and community representatives when appropriate.School or Organization Improvement
- Build a common vision for school improvement with staff. Direct planning activities and implement programs to ensure attainment of school’s mission.
- Establish campus performance objectives for Academic Excellence Indicators using the campus planning process and involving site-based decision making committee. Demonstrate campus progress using results to promote school improvement.
- Provide opportunities for interactive communication with superintendent, staff, students, parents, and community.Student Management
- Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly applied and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Conduct conferences about student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.Management of Fiscal, Administrative, and Facilities Functions
- Comply with district policies, state and federal laws, and regulations affecting schools.
- Develop and administer campus budgets based on documented program needs and estimated enrollment ensuring that operations are cost effective and funds are managed wisely.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required including accurate and timely reports of maximum attendance to requisition textbooks.
- Manage use of school facilities. Oversee maintenance of facilities to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe campus.Personnel Management
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and make recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal. Approve all personnel assigned to campus.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences with staff.
- Coach staff and help them identify and develop appropriate professional growth opportunities as well as accomplish improvement goals.
- Work with campus-level planning and decision-making committees to plan professional development activities.School or Community Relations
- Articulate the school’s mission to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of school and community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs using appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.Supervisory Responsibilities:Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of staff assigned to campus including assistant principal(s), teachers, counselor(s), librarian(s), instructional aides, clerical support staff, and custodians.Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:Tools/Equipment Used:Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.Posture:Frequent sitting and standing; occasional bending/stooping, pushing,/pulling, and twistingMotion:Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reachingLifting:Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)Environment:May work prolonged or irregular hours; work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather), exposure to noise; occasional district wide and statewide travelMental Demands:Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress Company DescriptionWe’ve seen that, at full enrollment, schools have the luxury to truly focus on teaching and learning. Schools that have build a predictable system for growth are empowering their teachers, adopting new methods, building trust, establishing strong relationships with parents, setting high expectations, building a clear vision and direction for the 21st century. These are the schools we all need. And since we don’t know what the 21st century holds, we need different schools, adhering to different versions of the future. That way, we’ll all be prepared. Now it’s your turn. Tell us what your “why” is and we’ll let you know if we can help you achieve it.
Keywords: Enrollhand, Victoria , School Principal, Education / Teaching , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!