Case Manager, Crisis Services
Company: Gulf Bend Ctr
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Case Manager, Crisis Services
WORKSITE LOCATION: Emergency Room Dept. (Counties include: Dewitt,
Calhoun, Lavaca, Refugio, Jackson) and Gulf Bend Center (as
EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SHIFT: Works Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12:00pm to 12:00am; Will work
on weekdays on occasion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Currently licensed as a
Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
Preferred: Work experience in mental health preferred.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Licensed as a Registered
Nurse in the State of Texas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Must have knowledge of DSM V mental disorders
2. Links customers and/or their families to appropriate community
3. Thoroughly completes a crisis log with supporting
4. Provides crisis services per HHSC contract, Medicaid Rule, and
5. Completes all paperwork according to Medicaid Rule, HHSC
Contract and Center Policy.
6. Demonstrates appropriate responsiveness to consumer needs as
demonstrated by no legitimate consumer, collateral or co-worker
7. Submits documentation of services within two business days.
8. Completes CSSR-S and Safety plan.
9. Attends all required team meetings as scheduled by supervisor
unless excused by supervisor.
10. Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively both orally
and in writing 100% of the time.
11. Uses a computer and/or other technical devices to complete all
12. Completes fleet checklist as required.
13. Demonstrates efficient time management as evidenced by meeting
all job expectations.
14. Ability to identify the current mental health needs of an
individual as urgent, emergent, or routine and respond
15. Models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics
and work habits 100% of the time.
16. Responsible for completion of all required documentation in an
efficient and timely manner.
17. Must be self-directed with sound judgment under stressful
18. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
19. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
20. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services
and working with others.
* Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
* Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
* Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities
required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job:
Light lifting, under 15lbs., light carrying, under 15 lbs.,
straight pulling, simple grasping, walking, standing, sitting,
twisting, climbing stairs, operating office equipment, operating
motor vehicle, ability to see, identify colors, write, count, read,
and tell time, hearing (with aid).
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job:
Travel by car 50% of time, outside, inside, excessive heat,
excessive humidity, excessive noise/intermittent, slippery/uneven
walking surfaces, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another
state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee
operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel,
and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve
multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is
critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days
and hours of work are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 12:00pm to
12:00am or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure
consistency and completeness of program's processes. Evening and
weekend work is required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Gulf Bend Ctr, Victoria , Case Manager, Crisis Services, Executive , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!