Specialist - Sr. Project Manager (Victoria
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: November 26, 2022
* The primary purpose of this position is the direct supervision,
coordination and management of projects within the Kinder Morgan
Treating group. On a daily basis, this position will communicate
and coordinate project specific information to the Project Manager
and KMT operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Ensure the contractors to implement Kinder Morgan specifications,
procedures and safety requirements prior to start of KMT
* Oversee and/or ensure that construction contractors on KMT
projects are properly managed, meet construction schedules and stay
* Regularly update Project Management and Operations in regards to
the progress of projects.
* Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal
safety, for the safety of company assets, employees, and the
**Position may be filled at various levels depending on experience
and job skills of successful candidate.
Experience / Specific Knowledge:
* 5 to 10 years experience in the oil/gas construction industry of
Amine, Dehys, Stabilizer units and general knowledge of industry
* Must be familiar with different construction techniques and
* Should have at least 3-5 years of project management
* Must be familiar with construction safety requirements
Certification, licenses, registrations:
* A satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a
current, valid State driver's license are required.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
* Must have good math skills.
* Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft
Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
* Well-balanced interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written
communications skills are required.
* Must be accountable and take direction from Managers; keep
required work schedules, which include regular and predictable job
attendance; focus attention on details; follow work rules.
* Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are
* Must be a problem solver with the ability to find
* Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal
supervision and/or direction.
* Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a team
environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful
demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory
Analysis: Identify problems and/or cause-effect relationships;
identify key issues; secure relevant information from all
appropriate sources; identify possible root causes of problems and
develop and implement corrective actions for resolution of
Sound Judgment: Make decisions and/or take action based on logical
assumptions derived from factual information gathered; seek out
information from established policies and procedures and/or
knowledge experts; seek input from others.
Initiative: Actively attempts to influence events to achieve goals;
does not wait to be told, but is a self-starter who takes action to
achieve goals beyond what is required. Must be flexible and able to
work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a
professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers,
clients and vendors.
Effective and Professional Communication: Establish and maintain
effective working relationships with all levels of management,
employees, customers, and vendors clearly and effectively
communicate both orally and in writing.
* Employee must be physically capable of completing and satisfying
all training requirements as stipulated by local, state or federal
agencies and/or Company Policy.
* Exposure to smells and fumes associated with refined petroleum
* Work is performed outside in varying and sometimes extreme
* Field activities may include walking to and amidst work and/or
construction sites, climbing in and out of trenches, working around
heavy equipment, negotiating rough terrain, areas of loose rock and
working in confined spaces..
* Position subject to nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Individual will be required to carry a cell phone and must be
willing and able to support projects 24 hour per day in case of
* Extended work hours in cases of emergencies.
* Must be willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time
throughout Texas and surrounding states as required.
* Climatic conditions are determined by location assignment and may
include severe seasonal changes including both winter conditions
with frequent snow or extreme summer heat and sun, depending upon
* Travel to remote areas within a particular region may involve
extended periods of driving, both on and off road and could involve
exposure to electrical shock, very difficult terrain, traffic
hazards, snakes, spiders and other crawling and flying insects,
cuts, bruises, etc.
* Must schedule and monitor own work.
* Extended periods of sitting may be required for administrative
* Will supervise and provide direction to third-party
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies,
skills, and abilities:
* High School Diploma or GED
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK
BEING PERFORMED. THIS POSITION MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Victoria , Specialist - Sr. Project Manager (Victoria, Executive , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!