Licensed Vocational Nurse, Care Coordination Team
Company: Gulf Bend Ctr
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Licensed Vocational Nurse, Care Coordination Team
WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive,
Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
EEOC CODE: Professional FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, some
on-call shifts evenings or weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Vocational Nursing Certificate
of graduation from an accredited college and an uninfringed license
to practice vocational nursing (LVN) in the State of Texas.
Preferred: Possess recognized case management certification;
hospital or home health case management experience.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Licensed Vocational Nurse in
the state of Texas.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager, Care Coordination
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
JOB PURPOSE: Care Coordinators are expected to practice in a
person-centered, family-centered, and trauma informed manner. The
LVN Care Coordinator will work closely with the other members of
the interdisciplinary treatment team to achieve a wholistic
approach to care. This position provides assessment of risk,
identification of needs, and coordination of services for customers
and their families. Educating customers on maintenance of a healthy
BMI, medications, substance use disorders and other disease
processes is also an integral part of this role. The goal of this
position is improved customer wellness and outcomes. The LVN Care
Coordinator is expected to gain and maintain current knowledge of
the CCBHC model of care and related performance measures. Building
and maintaining strong professional relationships with our
community partners is a vital component of this position. Some
travel and field work may be required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Practices nursing with integrity.
2. Ability to interview, screen, and evaluate clients; to counsel
others; to instruct others; prepare concise reports; and to
3. Ability to write progress notes according to standard,
assessments, memos, letters, various complex reports and
miscellaneous other documents with acceptable spelling and
4. Ability to relate verbal instructions, communicate in a
courteous and effective fashion with co-workers, customers and
families, agencies and the public.
5. Displays a customer service orientation; at all times treating
customers as equals and partners.
6. Skilled in the use of personal and network computers, word
processing, database, spreadsheet and office management software
7. Collaborates with all members of the person-centered treatment
team to ensure best possible customer outcomes.
8. Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with
9. May perform other work duties as assigned by the Care
Coordination Program Manager.
10. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
11. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
12. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services
and working with others.
* Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
* Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
* Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
1. Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel,
2. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple
3. Must communicate effectively both orally and written.
4. Responsible for completion of all required documentation in an
efficient and timely manner.
5. Strong decision making and organizational skills are
6. Must be self-directed with sound judgment under stressful
7. Exhibits cooperative teamwork and models professionalism by
appropriate dress, language, ethics and work habits.
A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread impact
of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes
the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and
others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating
knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices,
and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six key
principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety;
trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and
mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical
and gender issues (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
* The Three E's of Trauma: Events, Experiences, and Effects.
* The Four R's: Key Assumptions in a Trauma Informed Approach -
Realization, Recognize, Respond, Resist Re-traumatization.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, projectors, calculator, fax machine, and
copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of
essential job duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities
required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job:
Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor
vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see,
identify colors, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid),
straight pulling, ability to write, climbing stairs, ability to
count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job:
Travel by car 20% of time, outside, inside, working closely with
others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community,
family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and
funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and
Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem
solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service.
Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives
without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when
representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor,
individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of
activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public
using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another
state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability
2. Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee
operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel,
and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve
multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is
critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days
and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or
agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and
completeness of program's processes. Evening and weekend work may
be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Gulf Bend Ctr, Victoria , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Care Coordination Team, Healthcare , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!