Contract RN - Med Surg
Company: Caregiver Inc
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Contract RNCaregiver--is a leading Texas-based provider of
services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
(IDD) that supports clients with the design, delivery, and
management or personalized treatment plans in order to help them
lead their best lives. We are looking for a Contract RN to join our
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS.---Everyone at
Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal - creating a
world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about
what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity,
accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do
because we understand those, we serve have a choice in providers.
Our company provides care to people with intellectual and
developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives
* Provides routine and emergency assessments and nursing care to
ensure--maintenance of optimal health status of each
* Maintains accurate and complete documentation of all health
services provided to individual.
* Participates--in the development, implementation, and monitoring
of each individual's service plan.
* This position is for a long term dedicated RN seeking a
fulfilling position in a small home like setting. Position allows
autonomy and independence. RN will be needed 25 - 30 hours per
week. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as the deadlines for
assessments are completed.
* This is a partially remote position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Monitors consumers' health conditions through medical chart
reviews and audits.
* Identifying delays in service.
* Ensuring state guidelines are being followed through the delivery
of nursing services.
* Ensuring compliance with Caregiver Policy and Procedure.
* Ensuring adequate and appropriate follow up to potential
* Assist the Regional RN Manager and the QA team in writing
* Responsible for training and monitoring the compliance of the
Area RNs and LVNs within the assigned area. Follow-up training and
inservices based on clinical findings.
* Monitors the health data information of the individuals served,
in coordination with the Area Director by ensuring nursing staff is
completing following within the Texas EHR (TMP):
* Immediately reports to supervisor any significant changes in an
individual's health status including, but not limited to, acute
illness, adverse reactions to medication, sudden and/or unexplained
changes in vital signs, increase seizure activity, etc.
* Immediately reports to supervisor any problems related to
individual safety, staff problems, and/or facility problems.
* Delegation as required for individuals on your caseload and in
compliance with Board of Nurse Examiners criteria.
* Comprehensive Nursing Assessments or RNAs and Annual Review of
RNAs on each individual on your caseload as required and in
compliance with the Regional RN Managers requests, and HHS
* Provides nursing services for individuals served, thus providing
telephone triage minimally Monday to Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm,
or as assigned by Supervisor.
* Attends work 8am-5pm, regularly and punctually, and as
* Ensures that all medical consultations and laboratory reports are
documented in the consumer's records in a timely manner
* Attends and participates in Annual Recertification surveys, and
intermittent surveys, investigations as indicated, and follow up to
those as indicated. Provide intervention to potential medical
concerns during those, and provides strategies for achieving
* Attends meetings with Supervisor as assigned.
* Participation in development and implementation of nursing system
restructures as assigned.
* Attends industry driven conferences as assigned.
* Serves as member of agency wide committees as assigned.
* Completes specific assignments and submits written reports within
designated time frames.
* Provides ongoing and clinical supervision, training and support
to nursing staff as the need arises through face to face meetings,
email, text messages, or phone calls. Assist Nursing staff when
indicated in obtaining appropriate medical services for the
* Reviews daily on call nursing reports, and follows up to critical
issues, providing justifications to Area Directors, and Clinical
Service Manager. Monitor and evaluate the individuals that receive
emergency medical services through resolution.
* Maintain accurate documentation of those chart reviews and
audits, and works in coordination with the area nurses and Area
Director to ensure appropriate follow up has occurred.
* Responsible for communication with Regional RN Manager for all
nursing performance issues and open nursing positions within
* Responsible for assisting with hiring and training all needed
nursing personnel within assigned areas.
* Provide initial and follow up OJT training to all nursing
personnel within assigned areas as assigned.
* Responsible for coordinating nursing assignments and caseloads to
nurses within area while staying within company budget restraints
when nursing positions are open, which may involve providing direct
nursing coverage for caseloads with no nurse.
* Responsible for retraining of nursing staff in need, and
corrective actions in coordination with the Area Directors and the
Regional RN Manager.
* Monitors nurse billing rates for the nurses within their assigned
areas, while training and mentoring nurses to achieve the minimal
standards while ensuring quality nursing care is being provided and
accurately documented to stay in compliance with state
* Review NSLs of all nursing staff within assigned areas as
* Identify non-billable tasks and needed corrections.
* Identify billing rate reporting errors and report those to
Regional RN Manager, and admin staff as indicated.
* Implement strategies set forth by the Regional RN Manager to
increase nurse billing rates.
* Train on HCS billing system, and Daybreak billing expectations as
* Extensive knowledge of accepted standards of nursing practice and
ability to apply knowledge in daily work activities and provide
instruction and direction.
* Outstanding communication necessary with community health care
professionals and those working within industry and both inside and
outside of the company.
* Ability to formulate training objectives and meeting agendas, and
to present this information in a formal or non-formal setting for
* High level assessment skills of individual's health status and to
provide appropriate interventions and direction to other staff.
* Displays leadership qualities and attitude at all times
consistent with Caregiver policies at a management level.
* Sets a professional standard and example to other co-workers and
those supervised by you.
* Attends work punctually and regularly.
* Adheres to Caregiver policies and procedures at all times.
* Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
* Completes all duties in compliance with accepted standards of
Education and/or Experience:
* Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
* Possession of valid RN license from the Texas Board of Nurse
Examiners or in accordance with the Board of Nurse Examiners rules
for Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
* A minimum of 1 year of nursing experience.
* 1 year of IDD nursing experience preferred
* Must be computer literate with basic Excel, Microsoft Office and
Keywords: Caregiver Inc, Victoria , Contract RN - Med Surg, Healthcare , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!