Activity Director (Director of Engagement)
Company: Vitality Senior Living
Posted on: May 31, 2021
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
Experienced in facilitating senior living activities
Must have valid driver's license, good driving record.
- Ability to develop and lead energetic, active, dignified,
purposeful, and individualized programming to meet the needs of
- Effectively communicate with and engage older individuals to
participate and try new things as part of community
- Computer skills.
- Facilitate engagement programs that promote a vibrant
lifestyle; model appropriate and successful engagement of
- Develop monthly engagement calendars and daily engagement
schedules that fulfill community standards at a minimum.
- Maintain digital signage within community to ensure residents
and visitors are informed
- Create engagement for residents based on their preferences,
experiences, and lifelong interests as reported in the resident
- Effectively leverage technology to enhance engagement for
residents; use technology as a tool for team members to effectively
- Plan special events, parties, and larger events for the entire
community, including Memory Care in conjunction with other team
- Participate in the completion of resident life journals.
- Invite and encourage residents to participate in engagement and
when necessary, assist with escorting residents to engagement.
- Set up, organize, and strategize programming that the other
team can facilitate throughout the day and during timeframes in
which Engagement Director is not present (example: weekends,
- Establish quarterly event plan in collaboration with culinary,
sales and memory care leaders and maintain necessary communication
amongst leaders to ensure successful events for residents, families
and greater community
- Organize and maintain appropriate supplies for resident
- Coordinate outings, special events, and partnerships with the
greater community to enhance overall engagement experience for
- Communicate to appropriate team members any observations of any
resident changes or concerns.
- Develop strong relationships with family members of
- Develop volunteer program to bring outside resources and talent
into the community to enhance programming further develop
connections for residents
- Develop relationships with cultural, artistic,
intergenerational and other groups within the greater community
that can provide resources to enhance engagement program.
- Identify residents who are at risk for isolation and develop
specific plans to enhance connections and purpose for those
Keywords: Vitality Senior Living, Victoria , Activity Director (Director of Engagement), Other , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!