Wound Care Technician - FT Days - Victoria Southeast
Company: Post Acute Medical
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Wound Care Technician
Provides basic patient care and performs basic nursing tasks as
assigned/delegated by Wound Management Coordinator or designee.
These tasks are carried out according to hospital policy, hospital
mission statement, performance improvement plan, and the philosophy
of Departments of Nursing and Wound Management.
- Checks Unit log for Wound Care consult requests and notifies
Wound Care Team.
- Accurately obtains and records pertinent patient data, and
notifies wound care coordinator of abnormalities/results.
- Provides patient personal hygiene in accordance with activity
- Provides for clean, safe patient environment, to include daily
linen change, ensuring that side rails are up, call light with in
patients reach and bedside table clean and uncluttered
- Safely transports patients.
- Uses good body mechanics in turning, lifting and moving
- Assists in collection of specimens.
- Provides support to the licensed personnel during wound
assessment and as requested.
- Maintains cleanliness of patient equipment.
- Accurately utilizes the charging system for patient items.
- Performs bedside blood glucose monitoring following training,
certification and verification of skill per hospital policy.
- Provides care for indwelling and external urinary catheters as
- Operates the digital/Polaroid camera during wound
- Assists with simple dressing changes as assigned by accountable
- Performs other related duties as requested
- Maintains the highest level of customer service via courtesy,
compassion and positive communication.
- Promotes the Mission and Vision of Post Acute Medical within
the work environment and the community.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality by adherence to all
applicable policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
- Works in a manner that promotes safety; wears clothing
appropriate to the performance of the job.
- Participates in OSHA required training
- Follows universal precautions as appropriate for position;
complies with Employee Health requirements for continued
- Reports unsafe practices to management.
- Knows own role in case of an emergency
Education and Training: High School Graduate or equivalent
(GED). Completion of a Certified Nurse Assistant course with
current certification and current BLS required
Experience: One-year experience in a hospital setting preferred.
Computer skills required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based
on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Able to organized tasks, develop action plans, set priorities
and function under stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
Keywords: Post Acute Medical, Victoria , Wound Care Technician - FT Days - Victoria Southeast, Other , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!