Access Control Technician - Corpus Christi
Company: The Cook & Boardman Group, LLC
Posted on: June 1, 2021
The Access Control Technician has the technical aptitude, skills
and experience to install access control and video systems for our
security integration division in commercial, multifamily
residential, hotel, educational, government, detention and similar
facilities, including new construction and renovations to existing
buildings. This individual will work in the field directly
installing our products and coordinating the work with our door and
hardware divisions, Hardware Consultants. Most projects are located
in Southern Maine.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Prior knowledge of video and access control system components
and installation including electronic hardware, low voltage wiring,
card readers, CCTV cameras, power supplies, terminations, and head
end panel installation and assembly.
- Low voltage electrical license is a plus.
- High school education required. Applicable trade school or
associates degree a plus.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be thorough to ensure that all materials needed for a
project are assembled, the project is installed complete in the
field and any uncompleted items are communicated to the Field
- Flexibility to deal with quickly changing priorities
- Must be safety conscious and comply with company and jobsite
safety rules at all times.
- Good communication skills needed to represent the company well
with its customers to interface with staff.
- Attention to detail and quality critical skills.
- Ability to diagnose issue with access and video systems, seek
assistance when needed and implement a solution.
- Review shop drawings and project plans to understand and
complete field installations.
- Assemble and components prior to field installation.
- Coordinate installation work with other staff installers such
as door and hardware technicians.
- Review work with customers including general contractors on
site and comply with customer requirements.
- Communicate issues with Field Supervisors and Installation
Coordinator or Operations Manager as necessary to complete
installations on time and as designed.
- Complete work orders, recording time and materials uses
- Field work will include service calls as well as new system
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing,
kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Spends more
than 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Frequent lifting
required of items 25-50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
May be exposed to variable weather conditions. Other conditions
may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and
using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to heavy
Keywords: The Cook & Boardman Group, LLC, Victoria , Access Control Technician - Corpus Christi, Other , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!