EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High school diploma or
Preferred: Work experience within the Behavioral
Healthcare system preferred.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: High school diploma
or equivalent G.E.D.
REPORTS TO: Wellness Community Manager
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
JOB PURPOSE: Provides supervision training, guidance, and
supports to individuals diagnosed with serious and persistent
mental illness, as well as developmental disabilities, residing at
the Wellness Community. Provides program support, including daily
maintenance of the property and coordination of events which enrich
customers experience at the Wellness Community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Provide trainings in the areas of independent living skills,
communication skills, and support activities.
2. Provides role modeling of good personal hygiene and
3. Participates in cleaning and maintenance of the facility.
4. Responsible for transporting customers to various
5. Documentation of all daily activities/trainings provided.
6. Communicates efficiently with supervisor and team members
about program needs as well as resident needs.
7. Will work actively as a team member to maintain supports to
all individuals residing at the Wellness Community.
8. Each shift has listed assignment of specific duties. Staff is
responsible for completing duties according to the shift being
worked. Tasks entail cleaning and basic maintenance of the Wellness
Community site, filing and maintenance of daily resident records,
facilitating scheduled Wellness Community events, email
communication as it pertains to the site and/or residents, and
additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
9. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
10. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
11. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing
services and working with others.
- Understands the Three E's of trauma-informed care.
- Understands the Four R's of trauma-informed care.
- Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
Must possess good oral and written communication skills. Must be
able to work as a team member in all areas of planning, behavior
management and assisting individuals in obtaining their personal
goals. Strong decision-making skills and sound judgment necessary.
Must have computer experience to include, Microsoft Word, Excel,
and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve
A trauma-informed approach to care "realizes the widespread
impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery;
recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families,
staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully
integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and
practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization." The six
key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety;
trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and
mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical
and gender issues (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
- The Three E's of Trauma: Events, Experiences, and Effects.
- The Four R's: Key Assumptions in a Trauma Informed Approach -
Realization, Recognize, Respond, Resist Re-traumatization.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
1. Computer, telephone, calculator, fax machine, and copy
machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
2. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of
essential job duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST:
Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks
of this job: Heavy lifting (45 lbs & over), walking operating
office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, sitting,
ability to see, idnetify colors, moderate carrying (15-44 lbs),
kneeling, hearing (with aid), straight pulling, stooping, ability
to write, repeated bending, ability to count, reaching above
shoulder, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time,
dual simultaneous grasping.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this
job: Travel by van 20% of time, outside, inside, working
closely with others, working alone.
/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
1. Interacts with employees' contractors, customers, community,
family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and
funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
3. Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement
and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of
problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer
service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives
without constant supervision.
5. Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when
representing the Center.
6. Ability to work cooperatively and productively with
supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all
levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public
using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
- Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another
state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability
- Must be insurable by Center's liability carrier if employee
operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center
- Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
- Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due
- Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word,
Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve
multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is
critical to business operations. The Wellness Community is open
24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Staff must be able to work agreed
upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness
of program's processes. Shifts include day, evening, night and/or
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.