Victoria College's Division of Allied Health is hiring for a
full-time, benefits eligible Administrative Assistant II. This
position provides secretarial, receptionist, and administrative
assistance to the Vocational Nursing and Physical Therapist
Assistant Programs. Performs a broad range of office and
secretarial duties, within general guidelines, and with limited
supervision and direction. The position requires knowledge of
almost all aspects of the personnel and student functions. Performs
complex assignments for a department, program and/or division.
Victoria College has been a respected community partner in the
Crossroads region since 1925 and continues to offer quality,
affordable educational opportunities to help our students achieve
Victoria College embraces equity and inclusion and has earned
recognition as one of the "Great Colleges to Work For" four years
in a row, according to a survey by the Great Colleges to Work For
program. Victoria College was also named to the survey's "Honor
Roll" for two years in a row for being one of the top four schools
in its two-year institution category nationally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide prospective students with information regarding
vocational nursing and physical therapist assistant programs
application process, other Victoria College courses, student
services, and local community resources and/or refer inquiries to
2. Correspond with applicants who had acceptable scores on the
nursing entrance test and counsel applicants who did not obtain
acceptable scores on the nursing entrance test. Inform them of
available resources and encourage them to retake the test if
3. Assist students and applicants with admission process (Hepatitis
B series, immunization records, CBC, and transcripts)
4. Accept VN applications for each program year/start.
5. Accept PTA applications for each program year/start.
6. Submit VN applicants information to the Board of Nursing for
criminal background check.
7. Organize and maintain incoming students files by obtaining
records such as medical examination forms, intention response
forms, CPR certifications.
8. Assist in compiling information packets for New Student
Orientation Day every each program year/start.
9. Assist students with forms for WIOA, Child Care Assistance,
loans and internal and external scholarships.
10. Assist with student management such as computer testing and
proctoring of exams. Compile data results of standardized tests.
Troubleshoot and assist with student activities in computer
11. Register current students via Banner each semester.
12. Assist students in preparing applications for nurse aide,
medication aide, vocational nursing licensure, and NCLEX-PN exam.
Notarize applications as needed if applicable.
13. Organize and participate in Information Night for prospective
students, contacting college departments and external agencies who
will be participating in the event.
14. Maintain current student files daily by monitoring requirements
(on the web-based data collection system) for clinical
15. Maintain VN graduate records as required by the Board of
Nursing (Rule 214)
16. Maintain PTA graduate records as required by Commission on
Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
17. Maintain Data Sheet for each cohort of students. Include all
data required by the Board of Nursing and VN program.
18. Maintain Data Sheet for each cohort of students. Include all
date required by CAPTE and the PTA program.
19. Maintain confidentiality of all student information.
20. File all documentation concerning all students and
21. Prepare correspondence, reports, exams, forms, flyers,
presentations, etc. for Program Coordinator and faculty. Assist
instructors with scanning exam/results and submitting data to the
22. Submit correspondence, reports, exams, forms, syllabi, etc. for
Program Coordinator and faculty to Media Services for copying or
copy material as directed by faculty.
23. Assist Program Chair/Coordinators with planning and
implementing Advisory Council meetings and serve as secretary to
24. Schedule classroom/lab reservations as requested by
25. Assist in preparation of faculty/student community activities,
such as field trips and health fairs.
26. Assist with planning of Pinning and other events and
participate as needed.
27. Order and maintain supplies. In cooperation with Program
Chairs/Coordinators, initiate purchase orders and check requests as
needed. Initiate maintenance requests.
28. Backup secretary for ADN Program and AH Dean
29. Process mail for Coordinator and Faculty.
30. Maintain VC website updated with VN and PTA Program
31. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required
- Associate's degree or five years equivalent work experience in
lieu of degree required
- Three years experience in an administrative position
- Strong office management, organizational, interpersonal, human
relations and communications skills required, including ability to
work effectively with diverse groups in a fast-paced
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to initiate and maintain accurate and detailed data and
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to travel occasionally and to work flexible hours
- Fast learner; proficient in MS Word and Excel, type 65 wpm
- Ability to maintain confidentiality essential
Experience with comprehensive computer information system such
BANNER, Datatel, PeopleSoft, etc.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle
controls, key pads, etc. Will be required to sit and reach with
hands and arms as well as, sit, stand and walk. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds while loading office
supplies and paper. Specific vision abilities required include
close vision, some color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
from documents to computer screen. Hearing of light to moderate
sound is required by this job. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.