Social Worker Home Health PRN
Company: Kindred at Home
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of
something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of
comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care
services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to
patients in their homes or places of residence, including
non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation,
hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your
community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them
safely at home, during moments that matter most to
them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to
deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients
and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an
exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering
an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people
are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to
helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
The Medical Social
Worker participates in the interdisciplinary care
provided to home health patients. The Medical Social Worker
functions to evaluate and develop a plan of care personalized to
fit the patient’s emotional and social needs. The Medical Social
Worker provides direction and supervision of the Social Worker
Assistant as required and when involved in the patient’s plan of
care. The Medical Social Worker works within Kindred’s
company-specific policy and procedures, applicable healthcare
standards, governmental laws, and regulations.
- Assesses the patient’s social and emotional state as it relates
to his or her illness or injury, needs for care and his or her
response to such treatment, and adjustments to care.
- Assesses any relationships of the patient’s medical and nursing
needs in the home setting, financial resources, and available
- Provides any appropriate action to obtain available community
resources to assist in resolving issues that may be impeding the
- Instructs/counsels patients and families in treating and coping
with social and emotional response connected with Provides ongoing
assessment of patient and family needs and responses to
- Assists the physician and other health team members in
understanding the significant social and emotional factors related
to the patient’s health Participates in the development and
periodic re-evaluation of the physician's Plan of Care for the
- Observes, records, and reports changes in patients’ condition
and response to treatment to the Clinical Manager and the
Participates in the discharge planning process
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary care team in
care coordination activities and acts as a resource to other health
team members in the identification and resolution of patient
- Supervises instructs and evaluates the performance of the
Social Work Assistant (BSW) to assure that all medical social
services are provided to patients in compliance with Company,
government, and professional standards
- Maintains and submits documentation as required by the company
and/ or facility including any case conferences, patient/physician
community contacts, visit reports progress notes, and confers with
other health care disciplines in providing optimum patient.
- Masters or doctoral degree from
a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work
- Social Worker licensure in the state of practice; if required
by state law or regulation.
- Current drivers Must have reliable transportation and
- Proof of current CPR
- Minimum of one year of experience as a social worker in a
health care setting, home health, and/or hospice.
- Knowledge of and the ability to assist with discharge planning
needs, and to obtain community resources (housing, shelter,
funeral/memorial service arrangements, legal, information and
referral, state/federal financial and medication programs, and
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration.
- Ability to organize tasks, develop action plans, set
priorities, and function under stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours and travel locally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their
family members and at all levels of the organization.
- Maintains current licensure certifications and meets mandatory
continuing education requirements.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our
Home Health team - Home
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at
(toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME or apply online. Our
Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career
with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Keywords: Kindred at Home, Victoria , Social Worker Home Health PRN, Other , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!