Pharmacy Intern Grad - Sign On Bonus Available
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Provides pharmacy consulting services to customers regarding the
effective usage of medications, awareness with drug interactions
and offering preventive healthcare services such as immunizations.
Responsible for ensuring the proper compounding, dispensation,
review and verification of prescribed medications within regulatory
guidelines, company policies and procedures.
Supports the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and assists the
pharmacy manager in identifying ways to optimize pharmacy
financials, inventory management and enhance customer
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues in
a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive customer
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye
contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g.,
offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers by
anticipating customer needs and proactively offering services.
Supports efforts on enhancing customer experience by increasing
focus on healthcare services (e.g. patient consultation, medication
management, drug therapy reviews, and perform retail, clinical, or
wellness services such as immunizations, flu shots, and diabetes
awareness) thereby promoting the shift of the pharmacy role from
transactional to interpersonal.
- Counsels patients and answers their questions regarding usage of
medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient
information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines,
over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed
to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed,
and satisfaction with service.
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy
reviews, verification, and medication management. Reviews,
interprets and accurately dispenses prescribed medications when
necessitated by workload.
- Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance to regulations,
company policies and standards. Assists pharmacy manager with
establishing procedures that promotes the efficient workflow of the
pharmacy including assigning roles, coordinating activities and
soliciting employee suggestions. Responsible for the opening and
closing of the pharmacy and shift change duties.
- Ensures the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing
policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance
laws when filling prescriptions. The Product Review/Retail Fill
Process Pharmacist has the ultimate responsibility for ensuring
that the elements of Good Faith are present.
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology associated
with pharmacy systems such as Intercom Plus, registers, automation,
StoreNET to provide support to customers as well as pharmacy staff.
Proposes and implements enhancements to pharmacy systems to further
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve
customer issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows-up with
insurance companies as well as medical providers and participates
in 3rd party audit.
- Follows-up with medical providers' offices to clarify prescribed
medications, dosages, refills, interactions and allergies to
suggest alternative medications, and answer medical provider
- Performs retail, clinical, and wellness services such as
immunizations, flu shots, diabetes awareness and other preventive
- Assists and supports the pharmacy manager in analyzing
performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service,
and implementation of procedures for pharmacy asset protection and
inventory management. Reviews KPI's with Pharmacy Manager, Store
Manager, and Healthcare Supervisor.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with local medical
community including physicians, nurses, and other health care
providers. Participates in community outreach activities to promote
the pharmacy business and further enhance growth opportunities.
- Partners with Central Pharmacy Operations for customer
registration, 3rd party reviews, and assists with resolving
customer issues to support the Well Experience locations. In
virtual environments, conducts virtual product review by following
specific company procedures and guidelines (e.g. using specific
photographs taken by the technicians sent electronically during the
F4 process and reduce transactional tasks).
**PEOPLE & PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT**
- Assists the Pharmacy Manager with staff hiring and training.
Reinforces the direction of Pharmacy Manager in staff performance
by coaching, and providing constructive feedback, monitoring
customer service, and fostering employee development.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing
expectations, monitors and recognizes progress, and fosters a
**TRAINING & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT**
- Maintains current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and
healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals, company
publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of
developments in retail and management and pursues best practices
that would enhance performance
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and training
such as People Plus Learning modules as required by the Company
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one's performance,
solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages pharmacy manager
and store manager as mentor and coach
- Supports the Pharmacy Manager and Store Manager by communicating
relevant corporate health and wellness services or strategy
information to pharmacy staff.
- Willingness to obtain a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) degree from
an accredited educational institution prior to the start date in
- Willingness to obtain pharmacist licensure from the respective
Board of Pharmacy in the states within the district within 90 days
of hire per district guidelines.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that
demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and
federal controlled substance laws.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90
days of hire.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in
accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the
available benefits and salary available for this position by
clicking here: jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. Walgreens will provide
applicants in other states with
information related to the position, to the extent required by
state or local law, by calling 1-866-967-5492.
The following information is applicable for San Francisco, CA
applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Walgreens, Victoria , Pharmacy Intern Grad - Sign On Bonus Available, Other , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!