Heavy Equipment Processor
Company: Wallenius Wilhelmsen
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Keen Transport, Inc. is currently seeking a qualified candidate to
fill the role of Heavy Equipment Processor at our Victoria TX
facility. Employee is also responsible for the safe operation of
all equipment used within the scope of employment and adherence to
all safety policies. The primary objective is to have zero missed
shipments and cargo claims. In addition to yard duties, this
individual will drive machinery as needed.
* Load and unload construction equipment to/from trailers or
railcars for the purpose of receiving or shipment from the Victoria
* Safe operation of lift truck or other material handling equipment
for this purpose.
* Safe operation of various pieces of construction equipment to
accomplish duties listed above including driving, backing up,
tilting or raising or lowering attachments or other machine
movements to facilitate transport.
* Must work outside in all reasonable weather conditions.
* Reading and interpreting all paperwork associated with the
shipping/receiving function including but not limited to; bills of
lading, shipping orders, manifests, tally sheets or export
* Must have a current driver's license to drive units for storage
* Scale all loads that are preloaded for drivers including gross
weight, axle weights, and axle groups, and verify road worthiness
* Verification of serial number, piece count and condition of all
shipments in or out of the facility.
* Operate hand tools regularly used in loading or yard activity
such as banding machines, air wrenches and hammers, or other
commonly used hand tools.
* The ability to perform mechanical duties as required.
* High school diploma preferred but not required
* Completing a full workday walking and/or standing
* Perform work from a wide range of positions including: standing,
sitting, bending , reaching, kneeling, reclining, from scaffolding
* Sufficient hand and arm strength to un-package, install, or
remove machine parts. May include the use of a 20 pound
sledgehammer or other hand or power tools.
* Pushing and pulling heavy material handling equipment such as
floor cranes or jacks, and engaging in activities such as rolling
tires or moving oak blocking.
* Sufficient hand dexterity and strength to fasten, insert, and
remove bolts and pins of various sizes and weights from a few
ounces to 20 pounds and to operate and withstand the impact and
vibration of electric and air-powered power tools.
* Must pass post offer drug screen and background check as a
condition of hire.
Keywords: Wallenius Wilhelmsen, Victoria , Heavy Equipment Processor, Other , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!