Company: Texas Port Recycling
Posted on: August 14, 2019
OverviewAt Texas Port Recycling (TPR) the opportunity is YOURS! We
have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools
they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help
shape the future? Working at TPR is definitely for you if:
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a
- You have positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive
compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because
our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a
recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, TPR is a place
where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
TPR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and a wholly owned
subsidiary of DJJ. We have a well-earned reputation for safety,
integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community
citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and
environmentally proactive. TPR operates recycling facilities in the
greater Houston area. Our processing capabilities include an
automobile shredder, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch
processing, auto crushers, and extensive transportation
services.ResponsibilitiesTexas Port Recycling INC, a wholly owned
subsidiary of DJJ has an exciting opportunity as an Equipment
Operator for our Victoria facility located at 310 Odem St.,
Victoria, TX 77901.
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment and report any defects
or needed repairs to supervisor.
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to
sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or
equipment and physical handling of materials, supplies,
- Wear proper PPE as required.
- General duties involving physical handling of materials,
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other
teammates as needed.
- Preventative maintenance, cleaning, and repairs on all
equipment as required.
- Workweek schedule: M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM and Saturdays 7:45 AM
- 12:00 PM.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience using a front-end loader, excavator, forklift, skid
steer or scrap handler in an Industrial/Outdoor Work
- Knowledge of heavy-equipment operating principles.
- Ability to operate equipment under varying working
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to
heavy equipment operations.
- Mechanical background a plus.
- Ability to identify and differentiate metal materials,
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral
instructions and effectively communicate in English
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and
- Stable work history.
- Able to complete job tasks safely and effectively without
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
BenefitsWe offer a competitive compensation and benefit package
including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision,
life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k)
plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.EEO
StatementTexas Port Recycling INC (TPR) is a drug-free workplace
and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of
employment.TPR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy,
lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age,
marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information,
protected veteran status, military status, or any other
characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules,
or regulations. TPR hires and promotes individuals solely on the
basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd
like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please
TPR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities
to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or
perform the essential functions of the job, unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This
applies to all applicants and teammates.TPR also provides a work
environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and
work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or
tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and
require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an
atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual
respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information - E-Verify NoticeEJNEJN
Keywords: Texas Port Recycling, Victoria , Equipment Operator, Other , Victoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!