Company: HASC PERSONNEL SERVICES INC
Location: Port Lavaca
Posted on: February 11, 2024
Position OverviewThe 30+ year company supports the petrochemical
and manufacturing industry domestically and internationally and is
positioned along the Houston Ship Channel providing training,
occupational medicine, and innovative solutions to industry. The
OHS Technician is responsible for administering respirator fit
testing, audiometric testing, drug testing, and pulmonary function
testing. In addition, the OHS Technician is a vital part of the OHS
program as a whole and will be required to perform other technical
duties as requested by management to ensure safe and effective
medical services to HASC customers.Essential Job
- The essential duties and tasks of the OHS Technician are
described below. The Sit Supervisor may assign additional duties
and tasks, as necessary.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all testing equipment which
includes but not limited to respirator fit machines, pulmonary
function machine, audiometry machine, and breath alcohol
- Calibrate all equipment at the beginning of each day in
accordance with manufacturer's requirements. Additional
calibrations may be required at other times according to
- Inspect and repair all equipment as necessary.
- Conduct periodic surveys of equipment and stations so that all
safety and hygiene hazards to customers and Technicians are
identified and corrected.
- Complete all the administrative steps applicable to the
equipment so that all required information is verified and properly
- Administer respirator fit tests in full compliance with CFR
1910.134 Respiratory Protection Standard.
- Administer all drug and alcohol collections in full compliance
with 49 CFR Part 40 standards.
- Maintain and develop customer relationships by responding to
questions, concerns, and requests from customers with speed and
- Thoroughly disinfect and inspect each respirator upon
completion of each test
- Ensure all customer data and paperwork is kept confidential at
- Keep up to date with relevant safety topics, software and
lecture and online training technology
- Attend and successfully pass a week long certifying course in
NIOSH and CAOCH
- Attend and successfully pass all required drug and alcohol
- Strive to maintain personal drug testing procedures that are
flawless - undergo mandated remediation within 30 days of error
- Respond to after-hour calls as neededPreferred Skills &
- Customer service skills are required.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Must enjoy working with the public and have a strong initiative
to work independently.
- Must be able to adapt to work in varied environments and learn
- Proven ability to work under pressure and make effective
- Cross-train and assist other departments as
- General organizational skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Each course or topic may require specific minimum
qualifications, as determined by HASC and applicable
- Entry-level proficiency in Windows Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Willingness to work at different locations if the company need
arisesPhysical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to read, talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle
training equipment and tools, reach with hands and arms, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee occasionally
lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus.Work EnvironmentThis job is typically in an office
environment and will also require travel as needed. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Reporting ResponsibilitiesThe
OHS Technician reports directly to the Supervisor of OHS -
Mid-Coast. This position does not have direct
Keywords: HASC PERSONNEL SERVICES INC, Victoria , OHS Technician, Professions , Port Lavaca, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!